In order to look forward, you have to first assess what’s happened of late. With that in mind as we move past New Year’s Day and begin the 12-month march for 2019, we’re re-sharing the top 10 Cocktail Investing podcasts by the number of downloads for 2018. Over the course of these episodes and well ahead of the Wall Street herd, we identified and discussed the issues that would come to plague investors and the stock market in the back half of 2018 and especially so in the last few months the year. This wall of worry remains ahead of us and will likely set the tone for the upcoming December quarter earnings season. As we’ve seen in the past, when facing uncertainty companies tend to issue conservative and cautious guidance. Given the number of uncertainties they face today with no bottom line bump from tax reform like they had in 2018, odds are the next several weeks will remain a turbulent time for investors.
Have a topic we should tackle on the podcast, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 62: Trump, China and North Korea: Is anyone surprised?
- Ep 61: ETF Insights with Yasmin Dahya of JP Morgan Asset Management
- 63: Investors to Italy and the EU – Che cosa succede?
- 91: A Look Back at the 2018 & What It Means for the Start of 2019
- 59: Exposing the Supply Chain Security Nightmare
- Ep 80: Why Plummeting Coffee Bean Prices Today Could Lead to a More Expensive Cup of Joe Down the Road
- Ep 66: The Turning of the Liquidity Tide as Boomers Head into Retirement
- 86 Major Market Disruptions and What Everyone is Missing
- Ep 78: Lithium Ion Batteries, the Critical Component of the Digital Infrastructure
- EP 84: September quarter earnings ?” we told you so and now hear what’s next.
Resources for this podcast:
- Chris Versace –@_ChrisVersace
- Lenore Hawkins –@EllesEconomy
- Tematica Research – https://www.tematicaresearch.com
- Themes Report: https://www.tematicaresearch.com/whatisthematicinvesting
- Thematic Signals:https://www.tematicaresearch.com/thematic-signals/