Each week Team Tematica consumes a voracious amount of content as we look to stay on top of the latest data and mine it for tailwind and headwind signals for our 10 investment themes.
Aging of the Population
The global demographic shift towards a more senior population
Growing demand for items that claim to be better for you and the planet:
- Lidl joins the war on plastic with reusable fruit & veg bags (Retail Gazette)
- The Impossible Burger Is Coming To More College Campuses With New Launch (Forbes)
- America Wins Act proposes to tax carbon pollution, invest over $1 trillion into infrastructure development (Transportation Today)
The Buildout and upgrading of our Networks, Data Storage Facilities and Equipment
- Digital Infrastructure: Armstrong Turns to Plume for Managed Wi-Fi (Telecompetitor)
Business models designed to transform an entire industry and leap-frog over incumbents.
- Business travel startups are transforming the industry (Raconteur)
- Postmates expects to land first-ever permit to test sidewalk delivery robots in San Francisco (TechCrunch)
The increasingly digital landscape that now underpins the entire consumer experience.
- Nearly 25% of households will ditch traditional TV by 2022 (CNBC)
- Department stores could have a ‘sobering’ Christmas, Credit Suisse warns (CNBC)
- Fashion rental competition is increasing (Fortune)
The products and services people will consume no matter the economic environment.
- Liquor Ties Wine as Second-Favorite Adult Beverage in U.S. (Gallup)
- Hershey announces price hike on chocolate bars as company’s top line continues to improve (Confectionary News)
Those things that bridge the gap between want and ability at every socioeconomic level.
Consumers trading down when and where possible or looking to stretch the disposable dollars they do have.
- US retailers ‘at war’ with suppliers over price increases (FT)
- Car dealers struggle to sell 2018 new-car inventory to make room for 2020 cars (CNBC)
- That offer to make you debt free? (WSJ)
Areas around the world where rising disposable incomes are driving demand for a host of products and services.
Reflecting the evolving needs across individual, cyber, corporate and homeland security.