Each week Team Tematica consumes a voracious amount of content as we look to stay on top of the latest data and mine it for tailwind and headwind signals for our 10 investment themes.
Aging of the Population
The global demographic shift towards a more senior population
- Fidelity to Baby Boomers: Lay Off the Stocks (Bloomberg)
- The Retirement Caregiver Crisis (WealthManagement.com)
- Older Workers Have a Big Secret: Their Age (The Wall Street Journal)
Growing demand for items that claim to be better for you and the planet:
- California to stop buying from automakers that oppose its emissions rules (Consumer Affairs)
- 4 New Rules for Winning the Fresh Shopper (Progressive Shopper)
The Buildout and upgrading of our Networks, Data Storage Facilities, and Equipment
- 5G will cover major metros in 2020, developing countries in 2021 (Venture Beat)
- A Government 5G Coup (The Wall Street Journal)
Business models designed to transform an entire industry and leap-frog over incumbents.
The increasingly digital landscape that now underpins the entire consumer experience.
- Google’s Stadia takes aim at $130bn video game market (FT)
- How the President of Nike Direct Plans to Boost Tech to Grow Sales at Flagship Stores (Fortune)
The products and services people will consume no matter the economic environment.
- Twinkies cereal turns a classic snack into breakfast food (USA Today)
- Krispy Kreme has new donuts and hot cocoa for a perfect winter treat (Guilty Eats)
Those things that bridge the gap between want and ability at every socioeconomic level.
- The Luxury Resale Market is Growing Faster than the Primary Luxury Goods Segment, Per BCG (The Fashion Law)
Consumers trading down when and where possible or looking to stretch the disposable dollars they do have.
Areas around the world where rising disposable incomes are driving demand for a host of products and services.
- More Indians flying overseas to shop for cheaper luxury goods (The Economic Times)
Reflecting the evolving needs across individual, cyber, corporate and homeland security.
- Macy’s Hacked In Magecart Attack (PYMNTS)
- A database containing details of nearly half a million gamers exposed in security lapse (betanews)
- How to Lock Down Your Health and Fitness Data (Wired)
What Else We Are Loving
Other reads, experiences, products, services and the like that we enjoyed so much this past week we just had to share
- Team Tematica are clear music lovers, which is why we’ll be checking out Spotify’s free music service will now stream on Alexa devices, plus Bose and Sonos smart speakers